Thursday, May 7, 2009

Great Weather

We took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday by spending a bit of time outside. First we cleared off our patio because management was going around checking the water heaters and air conditioners. We have/had two 55-gallon water barrels, a fridge, three big storage bins, and a bunch of wet cardboard boxes out there (Becca said all we need now is a car on blocks), so that was quite an accomplishment. Wouldn't a garage be nice?
Afterward I took Brady to the park for our ward park day where he kicked his soccer ball, tossed wood chips and went down a couple slides.

This park is huge and cool for kids a little older, but I'm still wary of Brady climbing up to the top at his young age. While I'd rather chat with friends, I'm forced to actually be a parent and watch my kid, darn it.
While we were gone Cory decided we should take advantage of Oprah's offer and get some free 2-piece grilled chicken meals at KFC. The wait wasn't as long as I thought it would be at noon, and for a free meal it was pretty decent (if you don't mind pulling chicken off bones and getting your fingers all greasy).

Since I woke up coughing at 4:50am and couldn't fall back to sleep, Brady and I both went to bed for naps when we got home. I was lying in bed reading and listening to Brady in his bed singing the alphabet song. He came up with a version that never ends: Now I know my ABC...DEFG...Yeah, that was pretty funny. He's been waking up coughing every morning around 6:30, so when he finally fell asleep around 2:30 (the song had to end eventually), I wasn't that surprised that he slept for three hours. That's remarkable for Brady, who has never been a great napper, but we figured he needed it.
While Brady slept (my cough woke me up by 3:45), Cory and I watched Quantum of Solace until Brady woke up and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse took over the screen. We ate leftovers for dinner (Wednesdays are usually a kick-back day for me, especially when Cory vacuums), and since I knew Brady would be awake for a while, I came up with a great idea to spend our evening. The weather was perfect, so I suggested we go to Walmart and get a T-ball set for Brady.

Once we got back we played for an hour until it got dark and the Lakers game called us inside. Despite coughs that will not go away, and my lack of sleep, I'd have to say we had a very fun day yesterday.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow. You had a very eventful day! The park was fun, I would have liked it more if I wasn't having to watch Parker like a hawk! I had a cough for like 3 weeks and it finally went away! Not fun!

Laney said...

Brady is getting so big! He's so cute - is his hair getting a little curly?! Love that...

Jenna said...

What a great day. I love laid back days that you can really devote to family and not the other million things that claim your time.

Tiffany said...

What a fun filled day. But the coughs don't sound like much fun. What an awesome park! I wan't one that big near our house. I think we need to get a T-ball set for Nate too. I hope you guys start feeling better!