Friday, May 15, 2009

I Made Ebelskivers!

This is probably only significant to my mom and siblings, but I'm really proud of myself. For the first time ever, I made my own Ebelskivers. Ebelskivers are the Danish version of pancake puffs, and my mom has been making this breakfast for special occasions for years. Last year for Christmas she gave us each a pan and the recipe.

I woke up early Wednesday morning and couldn't fall back to sleep. I decided since it was Cory's day off and I didn't have to rush to the gym before he left for work, that it was the perfect opportunity to finally put my pan and recipe to use. Cory wasn't too thrilled at first because although my mom has two puff pans, there are usually so many of us to feed that you get one at a time and it takes forever. But with just the three of us here, we were scarfing them down, and I kept them coming.

The recipe makes about 40 of them, so we have at least three meals worth of Ebelscivers. Cory is a big syrup fan, but I preferred to eat them with my homemade sugar-free strawberry jam. Yummy!

8 comments:

Becca said...

What are you going to do with the rest? Freeze them? If you do, you'll have to let me know how well it works.

Megan said...

Yay! That takes some guts the first time! Obviously so since I've never attempted them... LOL!

Kristi David said...

Yum! It's been years since I've had one! I'm gonna have to buy myself a pan now :)

Jenna said...

That is awesome, I love those! Make them for me sometime, please???? I hear fed-ex can do wonders. :)

mptanner said...

They look so good and yummy, I love breakfast foods :)

Diane said...

Good job. I am sure they are delicious!

Staci said...

We love abelskivers at our house. I usually make them for our General Conference weekend breakfast. The recipe you have is probably the same as mine and it makes a lot. It takes awhile since I only have one little pan as well. But so worth it! We usually keep them in the fridge and they're gone in 2 days. No need for us to freeze them, although I'm sure they'd taste just fine if you did.

Tiffany said...

MMMM......That makes me want to pull out my pan too! My mom gave us all a pan a few years ago too. Love it. You need to go onto Aubri's recipe blog and try her graham cracker banana things that she uses this pan for. I haven't made them yet, but they sound delicious. Her recipe blog is triedandtriedagain.blogspot.com.