Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mother Goose

Can you believe we have lived in Rocklin for 10 months already? I know, it has flown by. Soon after we got here I started taking Brady to the local library for Mother Goose on the Loose story time. We went inconsistently until January when I started taking him every Friday morning. Since then he has learned so many of the songs and nursery rhymes, and we often sing them at home. I had my camera with me last Friday, so I captured some of the best library moments.

Whenever we enter and exit Brady needs to say hi and good-bye to this train display which represents the old Rocklin train depot.

This is one of Brady's favorite parts of story time. They each get a scarf and we sing a few songs with them. Here is Brady playing peek-a-boo.

Ah the bears. They probably have so many germs and I think they're so itchy, but Brady just loves them.
And finally, the favorite puzzle. Kids sometimes fight over this one. You drag colored balls into their coordinating paint buckets with a magnetic pen. Brady has learned pink and purple through this puzzle (how else would he know those colors?) and in just a short time he has become quite good at getting the balls in the right buckets. It's activities like this that demonstrate to me how much he's learned in the last few months.

6 comments:

The Ortega Family said...

Aren't you so grateful for the library! We go every Fri morning also. Sadly there is only two weeks left of it until august. At our library they have tons of stuffed animals...and Isaiah always fights over the blue bunny so that he can give it the teacher when she walks in (she uses it for the bounce songs). Afterwards they have play time where she dumps out tons of toys. This is the time that I dread...the whole no concept of sharing.

Danielle said...

That looks like a great library! Our library had a pipe burst and flooded and has been closed for over two months and we have been DYING. Yeah for free fun!

Jenna said...

He is at such a fun age! It's amazing to watch them, they're like a sponge!

mptanner said...

My kids love the library too, and they also love to look at the train :)

Tiffany said...

What an awesome library! I really need to see what our library has for us to do there for the little ones.

Diane said...

I can't believe that you have been gone that long! I'm glad you have found fun things to do though.