Friday, May 2, 2008

Grounded

Yes, Cory grounded me. This is the second time I've gone over our minutes...ever! I think that's pretty impressive considering we have only 400 shared minutes a month and Cory only uses his cell phone for all contact with his patients.
I've been banished to our bedroom, which is fine. I'm rocking out to U2 and Billy Joel while Cory takes care of Brady. I must have sung really loud at one point because Brady tapped on the bedroom door. He then slid some piece of paper under the door. I think he's worried about me, or maybe he's trying to send a message that it would be more fun in here with me. Poor Cory, how tough to have such an irresponsible wife!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Sorry for my part in getting you grounded, Jess. Just like the good ole' days though...me getting you in trouble.

The Higginbothams said...

Haha! I really should have checked first. It just figures I've been talking up a storm the last few days. Oh well.

Jenna said...

Seriously, I hope it wasn't our conversation yesterday! We kept it short though I thought. And I love the part about Brady knocking at your door, then slipping a piece of paper under it. No matter how entertaining Dad can be, they can't stand not knowing what mom's doing....even if it's just going potty!

Anonymous said...

So Cory not only took away the cell phone, he grounded you to the bedroom? Wow, he's pretty tough!

Drew said...

He grounded you by taking care of Brady? That doesn't seem to work for me. I'd ground you by having you take care of Brady while I went over to a near-by friend, with an XBOX and a Wii and played some solid video games. That would teach you.

The Higginbothams said...

Thanks Andrew. You're always so helpful with these suggestions. Don't think Cory is such an angel. He's making me pay the excess with my $600 I got from the economic tax relief.

Drew said...

That's pretty rough. You should be a good wife and donate the rest of your 600 to Cory's big screen TV fund.

Tiffany said...

That cracks me up! Lil Brady concerned about his mom. But I wish I were grounded to my room sometimes and have Codey taking care of all the kids! I don't think he would go for that! =)