Brady is going through the phase where he doesn't like strangers, or I should say visitors. He's fine out in public, but when anyone comes over, he runs and hides in the kitchen and won't come out unless he's carried. He buries his face between our legs, or he closes his eyes really tight, as seen in this picture.
The visitor this time was our friend Andrew, who is certainly not a stranger to Brady. He's given him all sorts of fun toys, and you can see in the picture that he even gave him his watch to play with. Still Brady did the usual hiding and crying, and I guess he figured if he closed his eyes really tight Andrew would magically disappear. It took two hours for Brady to finally warm up to him. This was the worst we've seen him, and he hasn't been that bad since.

4 comments:
I think it's mostly me. It's cause I am not very similar to Cory. I'm bigger, more hair, louder, smell funny, don't have strange symptoms, I root for good teams like the Utes, enjoy people being over at my house past 7:45 pm and I like your cooking. To him I am a freak of nature.
Jessica, he's such a cutie. Yes, the stranger anxiety phase - it's a fun one. Don't worry, some children grow out of it.
It's okay Brady ... he scares me sometimes too!
That's so cute that he hides in the kitchen. It's funny how every kid reacts so different. My mom still tells me how painfully shy I was when I was little, and I'm certainly not anymore. I guess if you close your eyes it means that they're not there anymore right? :)
Post a Comment