Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Destination: Sacramento

We have determined that Sacramento is where Cory's going to start his career. Cory's brother's family lives up there, and these are the cousins Brady's going to get to hang out with. We looked for an apartment Friday without much luck. We'll have to go again with more determination this time, knowing that Cory passed his licensing exam. Yipee! That was the great news we came home to Sunday night.

We were also up north for Cory's cousin's wedding Saturday in Livermore. Before heading to the wedding, we spent a couple hours in San Francisco. I realized I hadn't been there since high school, and it was fun to rediscover the unique city.


We ate lunch at Hook & Cook on Pier 39. Cory ate Fish 'N' Chips while I enjoyed my creamy chicken soup in a sourdough bread bowl. Nope, no clam chowder for me, thank you. For years that was our family's Christmas Eve dinner and I'm not a fan.

After lunch we walked down the pier and watched the seals. Brady laughed at them as they fought for a spot on the dock. I wish I'd gotten that on video.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Yay! Congratulations to Cory and to the both of you for coming to a decision. That would be so hard. But you will be so lucky to be close to family, I'm jealous! The pictures were great and you look so beautiful in the one with you and Brady. I still need to send you that box of clothes. I'll try to do that this week.

Staci said...

Jessica, you were up in the bay area the same time our whole family was there at my parents house. How funny! That same Saturday you were in SF Cheri and Tommy were also there. I think they even stopped at Pier 39. That would have been funny if you'd run into them there!
Congrats on Cory graduating and getting licensed. That's so exciting for you guys. I'm sure you'll like living in Sacramento.