I love the Los Angeles Temple and I will really miss it when we're gone. I was so excited for Mom, Becca and Scot to come to our temple. Thanks to Leesa who watched our kids for how many hours? Six, I think.
After the temple Cory introduced us to Diddy Riese in Westwood, which serves a unique ice cream sandwich for just $1.50. You choose any two freshly baked cookies and any flavor of ice cream. Cory chose peanut butter and macadamia nut cookies with strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Both of my cookies were chocolate with white chocolate chips, and my ice cream of choice was cookies 'n' cream. My mom regrets that we didn't know about Diddy's sooner because it would have been a required stop every time she visited.
We drove around west LA and Beverly Hills for what seemed like forever trying to get to Canter's deli for lunch. It was Friday afternoon and the streets were packed. Scot drove while Cory navigated in the front seat. Somehow we managed to keep our cool despite the aroma of corned beef, pastrami and sauerkraut from Mom's and Scot's sandwiches stinking up the car. Yes, we did eat the ice cream first because life is short (and because it made sense logistically).

No comments:
Post a Comment