We set out for Hollywood Boulevard Wednesday morning. Whenever we have taken visitors to Hollywood they are always disappointed. "The glitz and glamour of Hollywood" is a rediculous statement unless you are right in front of the Kodak Theater when Hollywood actors are going in to present or receive Academy Awards. There is one block near Hollywood and Highland that's cool. Otherwise it's just another street in Southern California except for the fact that it has the stars on the sidewalk and a few more lingerie and costume shops. I hope I haven't tainted anyone's fantasy of Hollywood, but let's be realistic here.
I have never had a strong desire to see the La Brea Tar Pits, but Scot wanted to so we accommodated him. After a while we got used to the smell, and the weather was great for a nice walk around the area.

No comments:
Post a Comment