Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Keeping Busy, Christmas Decorations

I have been so busy since we came home from Utah!  I have Pinterest to thank for that.  I got a ton of ideas for homemade Christmas decorations, and I've gone full speed ahead.  This is the Christmas tree I made with my sisters in Utah.  It's rolled up scrapbook paper and buttons glued onto a painted board.
The day after we came home I made this wreath.  I'd purchased the wreath and ornaments for it at Michael's after Christmas last year.  I'll be honest, I've been excited to make it ever since.
That night was craft night with some friends and we made these Jingle blocks.
I decided to do a "Merry & Bright" themed table, so I wrapped these 11x14 canvases to put above it on the wall.
 I didn't make this.  My friend Heather gave it to me and I love it!  A friend of hers traced a picture of Santa onto a canvas and filled it in with silver paint.
 Here's the merry & bright sign I made with scrapbook paper, string, Thicker letters and felt flowers.  Heather helped me with this one as my idea was conceived from something she had seen.
 A trifle dish with ornaments.  Simple but beautiful!
Here are some felt trees I'd pinned from Pinterest, which add some height to my table.  It's felt wrapped around styrofoam cones and pinned with pearl straight pins and sequins.  I used felt for the stars and hot-glued a pin on each one to stick into the top of each cone.
Here is the final product.  I'm really happy with the way it all turned out.  I just have no idea how I'm going to keep it all in tact for next year!
I decorated my dining table as well.  I love chargers, and I'm excited to announce that I found some square chargers at Target to go with my square dishes.

4 comments:

HeatherM said...

love the whole table too cute! santa does go nicely!

Jenna said...

That's a LOT of stuff! It all looks great, way to go!

The Ortega Family said...

You're so crafty! fun colors too!

Reary Family said...

You've been busy! Looks great, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. :)