We've been hanging out at home a lot lately. We've passed around some mild illnesses, and with the cold weather, it's just easier to entertain ourselves here.
To keep Brady busy, I made some Play-doh using this online recipe. I added the cream of tartar, which was a good call. I made it 3 weeks ago. We've just been storing it in plastic wrap and it's still not dried out.
We had our neighbor friends come over and play for a while last week. It was actually warm enough for the kids to play at the playground for a while.
The kids have been playing in their new "cave". We got this sofa table since the hallway looked bare, and now it's become the new hangout.

Brooke provides her own entertainment by playing Peek-a-Boo with a dish towel...
She walks around with it on her head just for fun. She did bump into the wall when it was over her eyes the other day, but that wasn't as bad as when Brady put a grocery sack over his head and walked right into the counter. It was hard to keep from laughing as I comforted him.
We are rediscovering toys in the basement, and Brady has introduced them to Brooke. He builds the tower and waits for her to knock it down.

In planning my menu for the week, I realized we haven't gone out to eat since my birthday a month ago. I've got meals planned through next Thursday, but that weekend I'll be ready for a meal out. We used to eat out almost weekly in CA, but with two kids it's just not as enjoyable. What? A babysitter you say? Now that's just more work than it's worth! It doesn't help that we live in the country now, much farther from restaurants than we've ever been before. But hey, it's better for our wallets and waistlines anyway.
We did venture out last Saturday morning for our church Christmas breakfast. The kids got to sit on Santa's lap, and neither of them freaked out.

Brady's mind went blank when it was time to tell Santa what he wants for Christmas. I had to remind him of the short list he'd been reciting:
1. Slippers 2. Toy Drill 3. Toy Measuring Tape 4. Car
I think Santa will be able to manage this. We're grateful that, for now, his requests aren't unrealistic.
Speaking of Christmas presents, I've managed to do most of the Christmas shopping online this year, saving me from more trips out of the house.
Brooke is officially walking. She still crawls occasionally, but she's up on her feet most of the time.
We still don't have snow on the ground, but I'm sure it's on its way. I'm just hoping to have the rest of my Christmas shopping done before that happens.
5 comments:
Oh fun stuff. Sometimes it can be fun to just stay at home and have a routine. It seems the kids use their imagination a bit more that way. And Brooke is walking so well now!
I can't believe Brooke is walking, and looking so cute doing it. I should be jealous, but I can't bring myself to it, walking = access to more items, right? What is it about that doll and eating her hair? Avery does the same thing, how funny. Can't wait to see those kids in a few weeks!
Your kids are so cute! Look how good Brooke is walking! I wish my boys would hurry up and walk:) We have been staying home a lot too,it's too much trouble to take the boys out. Good to see you last night:)
Um if you think this is the country, you ain't seen nothing! We have finally gotten out of the habit of eating out all the time and it's actually been nice, now fast food just makes me sick and it's a waste of money with my kids, they never eat it anyway!
Brooke walks like a pro. I think that's the line between baby and toddler, when they are on their feet instead of crawling.
Post a Comment