Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas at our House

We stayed home for Christmas this year. We still didn't have a white Christmas though. It's been dry as a bone here. I guess Santa didn't know the forecast when he brought a sled for us to use on Christmas day. Oh well, soon enough I'm sure.
Here was our "Christmas" room once Santa was finished doing his magic.
Brooke knew exactly what to do with her new purse. I held it out for her and she lifted her arm up right away for me to put it on her. How, at 13 months old, does she already know how to carry a purse?!? She also got some new shoes, an activity doll, a pretend diaper bag, and a whole doll set with crib, stroller, swing, high chair, etc. She is already having so much fun!
Brady got a power drill and safety goggles, a few puzzles, a play airport/airplane set, golf clubs and balls (plastic), a couple monster trucks, lots of music/noise makers, some games and a couple hippity hops.
Cory forbid me to post the picture I took, but I got him an inversion table. It's something he can lay on after work and release the tension from his back. Once he got it all set up he tried it out. The kids and I were downstairs, but I heard this "oooooh - ahhh!" sound coming from upstairs. I grabbed the camera and skipped steps, arriving just in time to see him hanging helplessly upside down. Once he adjusted the height, he was all set. I still laugh at the thought of him flailing upside down!
Cory got me a Cricut machine and I'm really excited to use it. I already have a couple projects in mind.
It was a nice Christmas this year, and we got to talk to nearly all of our parents and siblings. Cory's brother called us from his mission in Guatamala, and it was great to hear from him.
Our talks in church went off without a hitch today. It was nice to not have too much time to stress about them. My muscle is slowly getting less painful. Now that I know what it is, I'm not babying it anymore and I'm trying to stretch and use it. Otherwise we're all healthy and happy tonight.
Happy birthday to Sharon, the newest member of the Christensen family!

3 comments:

Reary Family said...

I love that Brooke already knows how to use her purse, what a good idea. I am dying to see a picture of Cory upside down, "relaxing". You should leave it on your camera and show it to me in a couple of days. Also, maybe there should be an explanation of what hippity hops are?

The Higginbothams said...

Terra, you don't remember hippity hops? They are those balls that have a handle and you bounce on them. The Durrants had a couple red ones when we were little.

Jenna said...

what a great Christmas! My girls like hippity hops, and can I PLEASE see the picture of Cory? that's too funny!