Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What a Day

Cory's day off yesterday started out horribly. Brady woke us up at 5:24am with more "yucky spit-up" all over his bed. I told Cory to go back to sleep and I'd take care of it. I wiped Brady's mouth, brushed his teeth, gave him a drink of water, and made a little bed for him on the floor. I forgot one crucial step (I was tired!), the throw-up bucket. So when I had just dozed off around 6:30, I heard Brady calling again. This time he was crouched on the floor in the corner of his room, and there was throw-up in three places. I wiped his face, etc. all over again and got him a blanket, and laid down with him on the couch, WITH the throw-up bucket this time. I had no desire to clean up vomit at that point, but when Cory woke up I enlisted his help. While I washed the sheets he did his best to clean up the floor. Then he took a quick trip to Walmart for this carpet cleaner.
Yes, we lasted four years without a carpet cleaner because this was only Brady's third time puking. The first stayed on the bed and the second he made it to the sink. Also, we've never had our own carpet before, so now we really care about keeping it clean. Anyway, Cory and the Bissell Little Green Machine got the job done.
Here's Brady enjoying some extra TV time.
Once I finally finished my morning routine, we were off to Lowe's to get our fresh real Christmas tree. Here is Brooke about ready to leave the house.
We pulled out all the Christmas decorations and Brooke found a new friend.
By this time Brady was ready for solid foods again, and he felt fine the rest of the day.
Decorating the house made for a nice family night activity. We ended up getting everything done we wanted to, but had to do a lot more than we'd planned. I'm just so grateful it was Cory's day off because I would not have been able to keep my sanity without him.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh throwing up is the worst!! I hate cleaning it up. Brooke's walking is adorable. We just decorated yesterday too, sometimes it's such a chore! But it's nice when it's all done. I"m glad you made it through a tough day. :)

Matt & April Herman said...

Yuck! I hate when kids are sick! It is so sad and gross. I love the big snowman. I have lots of snowmen. Ian is doing about 4 steps now. I can't wait until he finally really walks. Cute video:)