Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Are You Baking?

My mom always made Christmas candy for the neighbors, and that's a tradition I have continued with my family. We do bake gingerbread men for Santa, but that's the only Christmas baking I do (other than the 6 dozen cookies I made for 2 different cookie exchange parties this year).
Becca and I decided it would be more efficient to get together for our candy making this year. So on December 11, we spent about 7 hours, with a short break for dinner, making and packaging 5 kinds of candy.
This was our assembly line of caramels, Oreo Truffles, Tiger Bark, Peppermint Bark, and fudge. We worked quickly and it was a smooth process, thanks to our husbands for taking care of the kids. I'm happy to say we had it all passed out last week. Are you still baking? If you are, what is it?
I have a shout-out to my best friend Jenna who just had her third baby girl, 3 weeks early on Sunday. Congrats to the Dean family and welcome to the world Anna!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I made some cookies on Monday for a cookie exchange last night. (I stole your idea, but did traditional homemade oreos.) The only thing left on my baking list is gingerbread for dessert on Christmas day.

I'm thinking of putting candles in it and having the kids sing happy birthday to Jesus. Do you think that's too much?

Diane said...

Those all look amazing! I am so impressed!!