Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I was really spoiled this birthday. My mom was here for 10 days, so we had a lot of fun together. She helped me get through a big grocery shopping trip, constantly did the dishes, played games with me and with the kids, and just made life great while she was here. She treated us to dinner at Macaroni Grill for my birthday. We learned they no longer do a free birthday cake (so LAME!), so beware.
On my birthday I treated myself to Cream Cheese- and Raspberry-Filled French Toast for breakfast and spent all morning on the phone with Jenna, my longest friend, then my mom.
Then I packed up the kids for my birthday lunch at Chick-Fil-A where my friend Heather had planned a party. She was so sweet and brought cupcakes. It was a small group because it was snowing that morning, but my good friend Rachel just happened to be there for lunch with her girls. So we got to catch up while Brady and the girls played for a couple hours.
Cory only worked in the morning, so he went to the airport to pick up his parents while I stayed home and sat on my butt watching TV while the kids napped. Oh, I need to say that Cory totally gave me the best present by cleaning the house the day before. Sure, his parents were coming into town, but still, I had a clean house for my birthday.
A couple hours after his parents arrived, we took off for my birthday date and they babysat for us. We ate a delicious dinner at Outback and then headed to the Pepsi Center to watch the Lakers and Nuggets play. How lucky am I that the Lakers came to town for my birthday!!!
It's just too bad that my team is so good because there was no way we'd get the free court side seats this time. I had to wear my glasses to see, but it was an exciting game.
Here's Kobe about to drive.
Sadly, the Lakers lost, but I was happy for the Nuggets that they beat the reigning champs.
I got some very sweet birthday cards and treats, and Cory got me these cute brown birthday boots.
I know everyone has been wondering how I spent my birthday and now you know. Thanks to all for making it so great!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I loved talking with you. It sounds like a great time, I'm glad it was made so special. Someday I hope we can be together on our birthdays. Wishful thinking?

Rachel B. said...

You are so funny...I love the line, "I know everybody has been wondering how I spent my birthday." You always make me smile. That was so fun running into you at Chik-fil-A! I was so glad I got to see you on your (and Rushton's ;) ) actual birthday. Thanks again for letting me crash the party. And did Cory actually pick out those boots for you?! If so, I'm so impressed. Not in a million years would that happen with Tom. Glad it was a great birthday!

The Higginbothams said...

No way Rach! In fact, he hadn't even seen them until I opened the box here at home. That's just how we roll.

Diane said...

I'm so glad that you had a great birthday! It sounds like a lot of fun. How exciting that you got to go to the Lakers Game!!