Sunday, August 29, 2010

Swim Lessons


Brady started swim lessons early August. He was the youngest in his beginner class, but he did really well.
He got a lot of practice last summer when we swam at our apartment pool multiple times a week, so a year later I was happy to see him comfortable in the water again.
He really liked his teacher Andrea, even if his face here doesn't necessarily show enthusiasm.
He practiced kicking forward and backward, making big arm circles, blowing bubbles, putting his face in and later touching the bottom. He also practiced jumping off the edge. We went back to the pool as a family last week and we practiced everything he learned. When it was time to jump in he kept telling me to move back. This boy really likes to swim.
He passed level 1, so next year he'll be waiting for his turn in the water rather than sitting on the edge. I can't imagine, but I'm sure he'll be fine.
Our city offers lots of great classes like this. Stay tuned for photos of gymnastics, which he'll start mid-October.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Way to go Brady! I love watching kids swim, because I love it (as I know you do). Also, I don't remember if I commented on Brooke's quilt--awesome job Jess, it's beautiful!