We rented a boat and hit the lake early Saturday morning in hopes of getting in a couple hours of smooth water skiing. Becca didn't hesitate to jump in first followed by Scot. Then it was Cory's turn. For someone who never went boating growing up, my man really impressed me. He got up on his first try (we hadn't water skied in years) and every time thereafter. He was even pulling stunts out there.
Shane was acting like he'd tip the boat over, but even he got up on his first try. I was last to go. What do they say about saving the best 'til last? Well that's surely not what happened because I am terrible at water skiing. Becca commented that it's just like when we were kids, I was always over anxious to get out of the water. So when I said "hit the lake" that was a literal statement for me. I finally got up on my fourth try...
and although I may look like a pro, I think I was up for only 10 to 15 seconds before falling backwards and experiencing so much pain that it would be inappropriate to describe it here. Let's just say I lied on my back moaning until everyone on the boat was within hearing distance. (I'm not ready for Brady to realize what a wuss I am yet.) You may now be wondering if I tried to get up again. Not on your life.
Later we rented a banana and pulled the kids around on it. Becca got this great shot of Riley, Scot, Brady and Grandma about to take the plunge.
After our final day at the lake we went back to the cabin we rented for some burgers, local corn on the cob and s'mores. I felt the way Asher looks as I bit into my first s'more of the year. Ahhh, heaven.
How handy it was to have Leesa around. Too bad for me her arms will be full in 5 months with her own baby.









3 comments:
So much fun! I've been putting the bug in my mom's ear to do a bear lake reunion....hopefully it will happen!
We did Bear Lake this summer too, love it there! Glad you guys had such a great time.
I love all the pics! We need to do something like that with our family! Maybe next year when Devan comes home! What do you think about camping in tents??? haha
Post a Comment