Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Everything in a muffin cup is good."

One night I was trying to help Brady and his cousin Riley calm down for bed. We started naming our favorite foods, and Riley said, "Everything in a muffin cup is good." What a true statement! Her mom later told me that she's served her lunch in a muffin cup a number of times and it's always been a big hit. I made Brady a muffin cup lunch thinking he wouldn't eat it all, but this wasn't enough food. He ended up eating two cups of applesauce and a piece of leftover Blueberry Crunch Cake. It was fun and I'll do it again sometime, despite my dislike of washing muffin tins.

Here's another lunch special. Our boy is a dipper. He needs a condiment for almost everything. He has learned from Cory that ranch dressing is good on most foods, especially pizza crust.

Brooke spits up on occasion and this time Brady caught some of it on his arm. Check out that disgusted face!

Brady likes his bunk beds. Since we moved from California 8 months ago he's been sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor. This bed is definitely a lot easier (for me) to make (most days).

Becca found a good deal online for balance bikes, so we each got one for our kids. Brady is still trying to get the hang of it.

Brady has gotten lots of new fun things lately, but I think this one just might be his favorite...

A new friend. This is Addison who is just 2 months older than Brady. She has a cute little brother who is almost 2 and they live right next door. They often play at the playground together, and here is a picture of her walking Brady home. Their personalities work well together, and I think this will be a great friendship.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I hate washing muffin cups! It's the worst!! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Those balance bikes look interesting. I have never heard of them before. I'm glad Brady has found a friend. How cute are they?

Jenna said...

That is AWESOME that his friend lives right next door...Cyrena would love that. Muffin cups are annoying to wash and you'll have to let me know how you like the balance bikes, they look cool!