Brady is proud to be sitting on the potty, and he actually does more than sit. January 14 was the first time he peed on the potty, and since then he's been going almost every day. He has even pooped a few times, 5 to be exact, which I hear is a bigger achievement for boys. He doesn't usually ask to sit on the potty now. The novelty has worn off. But we continue to encourage it and hopefully soon he'll start holding it until he's on the potty. No pull-ups yet, but he's well on his way.

7 comments:
Lucky you. Daniel had his diaper off (after going on the potty) and then decided to mark his room as his territory. Yay me...
I think that the best part of the whole photo is his lovely choice of the white tank...
Very exciting for you. Sounds like he is doing great.
Potty Training book saved my Sanity!!
________________________________________
I read Brady is doing pretty well. If you run into trouble, this book helped us.
Men’s Health Magazine (Sept. issue) recommends Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro by Teri Crane. My husband picked us up a copy after reading the article. IT REALLY WORKS!!
Everyone is talking about throwing a "potty party" to potty train a child. I was so desperate; I was willing to do anything. Her book outlines 10 themed parties. What kid doesn't love to play and pretend? All my mommy friends have successfully potty trained their kids with her book too.
Honestly, when I first learned of this book, I thought NO WAY! Maybe this would work on a little girl, but NOT a BOSSY, 2-1/2 year old BOY. NO WAY! Guess what? It REALLY WORKED!!! Teri Crane SAVED MY SANITY!!! Her book was easy to read, funny and extremely helpful. I can't thank Teri enough. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERY parent. It will save you much grief and frustration. Potty training shouldn't be difficult, we as parents make it difficult because we don't know what to do. Teri teaches you. Buy the book, it's the best money you will ever spend
Most amazingly, I had some questions, so I called the author, and she CALLED ME BACK!!
Shame on you for not telling me that you are friends with Gwyneth Paltrow.
That is a pretty big accomplishment for a 2 year old boy. Nate was almost 3 before he was fully potty trained. Peyton is working on it...probably about the same stage as Brady. She will go, but not consistently. I did try to keep her in actual underwear for a day....by the end I was exhausted, even putting her on the potty every 20-30 minutes she still managed to poop in them and pee a couple times in between those little incriments....frustrating! But what we have found that works is m&m's or some kind of candy they love. They get one for going pee and 2 for poop. Or how ever many you want to give.
Way to go Brady!
Post a Comment