Friday, February 6, 2009

Fire Truck

Lately Brady has been interested in police cars, fire trucks and ambulances. As we drove through the grocery store parking lot last week we saw a fire truck pulling around to the side of the building. Brady and I got out of the car and headed over to check it out. We nearly passed the three firemen heading inside the store. I wasn't going to say anything, but somehow Brady knew they were the operators of the truck. As we approached them he looked up and asked, "Where fire truck go?" The third fireman told his buddies to go ahead and walked us over to the truck. He opened it up and let Brady go inside and check it out. He also gave Brady this sticker. Now whenever he sees a big truck Brady calls it a fire truck and often tells us about getting that sticker. I'm grateful for people like Rocklin firemen who take the time to indulge two-year-old boys' interests.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is a sweet story. I just can't get over how big he is these days. He's just not a baby any more, is he? :)

Rachel B. said...

That is so sweet of them to take the time to do that. Brady seems to be ALL boy! And a cute one at that.

Diane said...

He looks so proud!