Cory and I have now spent 8 Valentine's Days together. Like any other cause for celebration, I've learned that I have to make it into something or nothing will happen. Don't get me wrong, Cory has always been great to buy me flowers, but instead of hitting the gym like we have in the past, we really celebrated this year. A highlight of the day was making cookies. I took a break from my diet, so this was a real treat for me. We made our traditional heart-shaped sugar cookies and also turned one of our favorites - Homemade Oreos - into a valentine's treat. When Cory got home we went to dinner at Applebees (I've heard mixed reviews, but we like it despite it being a chain restaurant). We came home and frosted/decorated our sugar cookies. Brady really enjoyed decorating his. There's no way he was stopping with sprinkes, and he managed to cover about ever part of that cookie with a piece of candy. He doesn't usually get sweets like this, and I absolutely LOVED watching him eat that cookie. After we ate our cookies we opened the presents that I'd purchased for all of us. Yes, I bought my own present, but they were all surprises to Cory. I found as long as someone is surprised I'm happy. After Brady was in bed (with his new blue Hot Wheel clutched in his fist) we watched a Nicholas Cage movie called "Next" that I'd checked out from the library. That, by the way, is an excellent source of new release DVDs, and you get them for three weeks rather than 1 or 5 days depending on how much $ you want to spend. It was a great day, and here is a slide show so you can see for yourself.
9 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I can't believe how much he is talking. The cookies look delicious. So do we get to know what you got for Cory and for you?
I couldn't stop laughing about how serious he was about his cookie. What a cutie! When do we get to see him again? I just realized that it won't be long before he and Riley will be able to carry on their own conversations on the webcam. Crazy!
He's such a little man! :)
He is so cute! I love hearing him talk. I haven't heard him say very much before. That is a fun age for sure. Glad to see you guys had a special day!
Ashley
so cute Jess! Brady is such a good talker! I can't believe how big these kids grow up!
He talks very well!
alright Jess...so where's the recipe? You know how much i'm a fan of those Oreo cookies!
I'm not sure which I was the most impressed with, the delicious looking cookies or Brady. Even since I saw him in December his conversation skills have improved dramatically.
Can't wait to see you all again.
I'm glad you guys had a great Valentine's Day! Kids make the holidays so much more fun. We heart attacked Cyrena's room while she was sleeping and boy was she surprised and excited when she woke up!
Post a Comment