Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back to School, 2014

 Brady was excited to go back to school.  We walked him down the street on Day 1 and since then he's gotten back into his groove.  His 2nd grade teacher is new to the school this year, but I have heard high praises from multiple teachers who've worked with her or been mentored by her.  She can relate to us as she has a son who was gifted and talented, so we are hopeful that she will give Brady the proper guidance and school work that will challenge and encourage him.
 Brooke is riding the preschool bus this year!  She is attending a neighboring elementary school because ours doesn't have preschool.  
She has been anxious to start school for a while, so she was excited when the bus came to pick her up last week.
 Despite Brooke's lack of concern for things unfamiliar, I wanted to get a genuine smile out of her before the bus arrived.  I told her to imagine a monkey in a tree who peed on her when she walked under it.  She laughed so hard her eyes watered.  I told her if she got nervous about anything, just remember that monkey in the tree and everything would be okay.
 When she got home from school, Brady and I barraged her with questions.  Finally, she held up a hand and said, "Stop."  Then she got a huge smile on her face and said, "It was amazing!"  She proceeded to tell us all the details of her day - new friends, activities, the best part, etc.  I learned more about her one day of school than I have about an entire month of Brady's school days.

No comments: