Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Brooke is a reader!

I took these on Sunday while she read lesson #98 of 100 reading lessons. 
We dropped off Brady at piano lessons Tuesday afternoon.  Brooke was so close to finishing her final story that we decided she should bring the book with her.  Here, at King Ranch Park, exactly a week after starting preschool and only four years old, she read, "This is the Last Ending".  She actually forgot it was her last one, so I put the book in the car and walked her over to the grass.  I then proceeded to pick her up and spin her in the air, announcing she had completed her reading lessons.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of the triumph in her eyes!  It's logged in my brain though.
 
I am all about certificates of achievement.  I think it adds extra importance.  Here at "Higginbotham Home School" my kids have not only learned to read.  They have learned, through this program, that they can accomplish difficult things.
 To celebrate the occasion, Brooke decided we should go to Cinzetti's for lunch.  She didn't mind that Colin tagged along with us.
 
We are so proud of this girl.  She was almost always willing to do her lessons, and very rarely did she complain.  She caught on quickly and made it very easy for me to teach her.
 

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

That is so great! What a smart cookie and a dedicated momma!