For the first time ever, I drove straight to Utah from Denver with my three kids in the car. I hate to drive, and 8 hours is really a long time, not to mention the fact that I had no passenger to help with the kids. But thanks to audio books and DVDs, we survived and made pretty good time.
Three of the five girl cousins on my side
Colin is a month older than his cousin Cache, but you wouldn't know it looking at this photo.
He are Caleb and Brady strategizing about a game they're playing.
little posers
We arranged a couples date night to celebrate my mom's birthday. I picked Cory up from the airport, and we had a bit of time before dinner. We walked around Temple Square and City Creek Mall. Salt Lake City is a pretty happening place! We don't usually go downtown when we visit my family.
We enjoyed the 4-course meal at The Melting Pot. I'd actually never been there before and it was a fun experience.
Leesa, black and white floral shirt, announced she is pregnant with their third and due in April. That will make 14 grandchildren for my mom.
Nick and Sharon, the blond in the jeans, signed a contract on their house and they are moving to Austin mid-September. I'm so glad we got to see them before they moved.
Brooke and Avery are best little buddies. They have similar interests in all things girly. I captured this moment while they were planning their dance to "Let it Go".
The main difference you'll see here is in the girls' dancing styles. Avery learned a lot from her ballet class and Brooke, well, to my knowledge she has never been in a marching band.
The main difference you'll see here is in the girls' dancing styles. Avery learned a lot from her ballet class and Brooke, well, to my knowledge she has never been in a marching band.
Cole is Brady, just 2 years older. They have such similar interests and personalities that it's no wonder they get along so well together.
We met a dear friend of mind at my mom's community pool. Diane was my closest friend in Pasadena, and it was so exciting when we discovered we would both be visiting family at the same time. It was fun catching up and seeing all these little blonds bond together at the pool.
Here is my mother in all her Los Hermanos birthday glory. How could we pass that up? After a delicious dinner, (well, they managed to mess up my order twice, but eventually I got what I ordered with an extra 4 taquitos for the road) we headed to a BYU scrimmage game at LaVell Edwards Stadium. It brought back memories of my dad sitting in those west side seats cheering on the cougars.
These boys were in heaven. Colin pointed to the field and shouted "football" no fewer than 30 times.
We always have a good time in Utah. Thanks, family, for the fun memories.




1 comment:
Fun! I was wondering where you were. Good job driving by yourself with all the kids. That is brave. Looks like you had great time and packed a lot in!
Post a Comment