Tuesday, April 22, 2014

18 Months

Colin is much more independent now, and he is pretty good at playing on his own.  The problem is he's so myschievous that some days I just can't keep up with all the messes he makes.  
He understands so much more than he says, but he is signing a few words.  Generally Colin will not sit still.  If he sits on your lap for more than a minute you know he's sick.  For that reason, photos of him aren't optimal, but I still have to try.
 Here he is about to climb onto the kitchen table again.  Such a fun game.  He gets a time-out for that, but I'm not sure he cares.  He certainly hasn't stopped getting up there.
 His hair was getting long.
 Colin loves going in after those dryer balls.
 Of course he has discovered the joys of the shoe bench.  Although, after searching for his own shoes and taking out 7 or 8 others, he cleaned them up right away when I told him to.  Maybe time-out is working after all.
On March 23 I dropped Colin off at the nursery for the first time.  My friend reported that I was skipping down the hall afterward.  No joke, it may have been the most exciting and rewarding event of the year so far.
I gave him a faux-hawk-style haircut with scissors.  I love this look.
I love this little face!
Aw, tender.


Colin loves to be thrown, swung around, and up-side-down as much as possible. 
Watching the kids play at the playground.
 I took advantage of Colin being strapped into his booster seat and ran upstairs to fold a load of laundry.  I guess I took too long.
 After 4 years here we finally took the kids swimming at the rec center.  Colin loves the water.  (Basically nothing scares this kid.)  We are looking forward to splashing around at Water World again this summer.
 
 This face says "I know I'm stuck, and I'm not happy about it."  Since then he has figured out how to climb up the stool and onto the counter.  Nothing is safe anymore.  We are not safe, and he is definitely not safe.

No comments: