Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mid-July Visitors

We had some visitors last month, forcing me to clean my house, which was a good thing.  My mom, Leesa, and her son Joshua came to laugh at seeing me 7 months pregnant in mid-July.
Becca and her kids came up to hang out with us.  First we met at the fairgrounds park.  After about 10 shots Grandma was somewhat satisfied with this one.  
Then Riley insisted we get a picture of "the adults".  She struggled to get me in the shot (I can't imagine how!) so Brady came to the rescue and got a good one.  You'd think he's had a lot of practice, but I swear to you that I don't sit around posing for the camera all day long, despite what one brother-in-law may think.
 Then the kids played with (and fought over) water balloons in our inflatable pool.
I should have gotten a picture of us adults all sitting under the deck in mid-90-degree heat.  At least it was shaded, and I kept my feet cool in the water balloon bucket.
Here's the princess finished with the water.
 Another day we went down to Highlands Ranch and met at a splash park.  These matching boys were made for each other.  In fact, Leesa seriously wants Brady to come out and stay for a while since Joshua took so well to him.
We also went to the temple, walked down Pearl Street in Boulder, and ate at the Grand Lux Cafe.  Whenever my family comes to town we have a few requirements: play games, make yummy food, and visit our favorite accessory shop - Charming Charlie.
I think I'm creating a monster, but this girl loves to go there as much as I do.  I see years of mother-daughter bonding browsing the shelves of Charming Charlie and Charlie Girl.

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

That last picture of Brooke is so cute! And I haven't heard of Charlie Girl. Is that the kid version? Everett has that same exact swim outfit (top & bottom) as Joshua, by the way. You guys sure get a lot of visitors!

Trotts said...

Thanks for being such a great host! And the offer still stands if you ever want to get Brady out of the house for a week. I love that cute and cheesy picture of Brooke.

Diane said...

Looks like fun!! A Charming Charlie opened up in Santa Anita mall. I have walked through a couple of times but I feel like it's so overwhelming I don't know where to look!! Maybe I will have to try again.