Cory and I recently made a discovery. I think it's pretty common to compare your kids, and we've determined that Brooke and Brady are opposites in many ways. At this age Brady could count to 13, he knew basic shapes and colors, and he could identify most capital letters.
Yes, I'm sure he was advanced, but it's funny to see that Brooke has no interest in any of those things. Believe me, I've tried. Every color is pink, and when I ask about a letter she just says, "I don't know". She'll sing and dance her heart out though, so we realized that she is completely left-brained. Cory said that's typical of girls and boys, but it kind of surprised me. Then again, she loves to color and draw where Brady had no interest in coloring until he was 4. So this just reinforces the idea that Brady is like Cory and Brooke is like me.
A couple weeks ago I started blow drying and straightening Brooke's hair. I love this look on her, even if it makes her look all grown up. She's always been really good to let me do whatever I want to her hair, so I'm glad that continues even with the hot flat iron. Lucky me!
6 comments:
I'm still amazed she lets you do that to her hair! :)
It does make her look a little order, but completely adorable!
Isn't it crazy how different they come...even from the same parents? I used to work a little bit with Reese on letters and colors and it wasn't totally her thing. Then there's Claire who just one day started spouting off all sorts of letters. I was shocked since I had never taught them to her. Crazy how they all do things at their own pace and so differently. It's kind of fun to see. Her hair looks adorable!
By the way, yep, it's strep. So fun.
Her hair is so cute!! Wow, I guess I really need to get working with Gavin. He doesn't know any of those things! You are amazing!
Her hair looks so cute like that. Yeah, kids can be SO different, it's amazing! I worried about Natalie with her colors, letters, etc. too but since she turned 3 she has taken off with learning everything. I'm sure preschool has helped but I think I also needed to realize that she would do it when she was ready not when Cyrena had done it. Being a mom takes a lot of mental effort! :)
I love the hair, very cute. You are right about the difference between those two--Brady is so much like Cory and Brooke is very much like you. Love them both!!!
Post a Comment