Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cleaning Up Christmas

I'm in a bit of a funk right now since the holidays are over.  January is just so lame.  Maybe if I had a birthday this month I would love it, but I've got nothing.  Now that all the parties, decorating, baking, and gift giving are over, it's like I've hit a wall, a wall of boredom.  And no, college bowl games just don't do it for me.  A friend put it well saying I'm like a social butterfly going back into its cocoon.
I did find a source of pleasure in putting the Christmas decorations away.  What should have been a half-day project turned into 2 days.  The Type A side of me came out and I decided to label all my decorations bins.  I was very particular in arranging everything, and here is the glorious result.
I'm going to keep busy with some Valentine's Day crafts this month.  I've also decided to play women's church basketball.  I can't shoot a ball worth crap, but it sounds more fun than my typical workouts.  If I can come away having gotten some exercise, a few laughs, and no injuries I'll be thrilled.  Is that a lot to ask for?

2 comments:

Jenna said...

whatever, you're a great basketball player--you'll be amazing!

Wrights said...

I hate January. No holidays, just miserable, cold weather. But February will be here soon.