I was especially grateful for Cory yesterday morning. I came home from a church meeting the night before and couldn't sleep. I tried to sleep in our bed but I could not shut down my brain. (This happens often when I'm out at night.) I finally got up at 12:20 and watched a movie in the basement. I got sleepy around 2:30 and went to sleep in the guest room. Apparently Cory had gotten up twice to calm a screaming Brooke (her nightmares have started pretty young), and woke up tired at 7:45am. I slept until I heard Brooke's little pitter-patter on the floor above me at 8:34. I went upstairs and found the kids fed and dressed, and Cory washing last night's dishes. (I had made a dessert - pumpkin magic bars from my previous post and so good! - for my meeting, plus left a few dinner dishes.)
I dressed in my workout clothes, ate breakfast, and began a 55-minute workout on the elliptical. Meanwhile, Cory entertained the kids and read a book with Brady so I got to watch my TV shows. (Watching my shows sure makes my workout go so much faster!) Not until 10:40 did I go up for my shower, which means Cory put the kids to bed then took care of them for 3 hours the next morning while I took care of myself. After lunch Cory dropped Brady off at school on his way to work. I am so thankful for Cory and mornings like this that come in the middle of the week.
3 comments:
Sounds like heaven--he's a keeper!
That's nice, way to go Cory! :)
That is so sweet!! You are a lucky girl!
Post a Comment