Since then he's wanted to play soccer, and we always told him he can play when he's 4. The time has finally come, and he is loving it!
Here is some footage from his first game. Notice his defensive stance, which cracks me up.
Since he was 2 Cory and I knew he'd be athletic. He's just more inclined to anything that involves a ball, and we have encouraged it. And not to sound boastful, but even I was surprised at how quickly he figured things out his first game. He scored 1 goal for the other team, but then 2 goals for his own. By mid-game Cory was yelling at him to pass the ball. Toward the end he figured out that he should block the other team's goal.
He scored 5 goals his second game, and now we are really trying to emphasize sharing the ball. It seems he's as competitive as Cory, but he knows we have to take turns winning.
I'm so excited to watch Brady develop as he tries different sports. I really think he'll be quite an athlete.

4 comments:
Watching Brady play that second game left a big impression on Asher. Between the park and the high school near our home, we often see soccer games being played these days. Every time, Asher reminds me, "Brady play soccer." And then asks, "Me play soccer too?"
Without even realizing it, I've set the same benchmark you did, by telling him he can play when he's four.
Impressive! He's so good. And they all have full gear on too! Reese's first game is next week. It should be funny...3 & 4 year olds. I can't wait!
what a crack-up. He's amazing!! He's definitely not going to have to work to hard to succeed, he's a natural.
It looks lile we will need to make a trip out there.
Post a Comment