Sunday, February 13, 2011

Got Milk

Cory says there are guys who read this blog. If there are they never comment, but regardless, this post is not for you men.
Ladies, I gave birth 15 1/2 months ago and I'm still lactating! I was actually still nursing Brooke once a day up until a couple weeks ago. Go ahead, have a good laugh. I would if I were you. In fact, I probably will in a few months thinking back about her pulling on my shirt before bed at night. But it's odd to me that my milk isn't gone yet. It hasn't bothered me at all because it was such a small amount each day, but when will it dry up?

I have to say I'd much rather be lactating than menstruating. In fact, I'm happy to report that I haven't had a visit from "Aunt Flo" in more than 2 years! Isn't that awesome? That's one advantage for me to nurse for so long. Thankfully I'm in no hurry for her visit, not baby hungry yet. I'm just enjoying my freedom, having my body to myself again after two years. I feel like I need to get in a hot tub, go on some roller coasters, and do all sorts of crazy things with this freedom. On that note, happy Valentines Day ladies!

5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Thanks for the early morning Valentine's Day laugh. I always love a good honest post from Jess. I totally know what you mean about the feeling of freedom of having your body back to yourself. That's why I felt more hesitant this go around with getting pregnant...I knew what I was in for. One of the main things that makes me so excited about being pregnant and then nursing is NO FASTING. Happy Valentines day and enjoy the freedom of no aunt flow for a bit!

Jenna said...

That's crazy...I dry up SO easily!! haha. But seriously, that's one of the main reasons I wanted to keep lactating--no periods! Oh well.

Reary Family said...

So, you are finally done nursing? Is Brooke having a hard time with it? Congrats on having a body to yourself!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha! Jess you are so funny. My milk always stayed around too .... for up to 6 months of no nursing! Just for fun I went in the other room after reading your post and tried to see if it was STILL there....and alas. No. :-)
I wish I was as lucky with the period thing....the longest it stayed away was 4 months :-(
Jessica Reyolds

Liesel said...

If you just stopped nursing a couple of weeks ago (even if it was just once a day) it is normal to still have milk. I nursed Sylvia for about that long, but I wasn't as lucky as you with it holding off the periods.