Monday, February 7, 2011

Fun Family Activities

We recently made a goal to have more family activities. Cory sometimes has days off mid-week and we just sit around and do nothing. That, or I'll take one kid somewhere (usually to run errands) while he stays home with the other. While I really appreciate that, I also feel like we should divide up less and go out together more often. Even a family trip to Costco would satisfy me. Unfortunately Cory is a home body and this is why we needed to set a goal.

We decided our first fun family activity (FFA, if you will) would be to take Brady roller skating for his first time. While the three of us hung around for an hour and a half watching, Brady had a great time. It brought back childhood memories for each of us, and I know Cory was happy to be there to see Brady in action.

This was a class for 2- to 6-year-olds, and the skates were partially tightened. He made good friends with the ground right away, but he did improve.

Notice in the video during the Hokey Pokey Brady had his hands over his ears at the end. He said the kids were yelling too loudly. Ours is definitely a "quiet house," and we are very sensitive to high-pitched squeals.

It was difficult to keep Brooke from running out into the rink. She's a quick little rascal these days with a mind of her own.


Brady was so sweaty toward the end. After such a great workout, he was famished. I spoiled him with a muffin-cup lunch for skating so well his first time.

Yes, he wore his nametag the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

How fun, I'm glad he loved it!

The Ortega Family said...

So cute! You should start preparing his ears now for your trip at the end of the month. my kids aren't use to quiet!

JDM said...

Yay! So glad he enjoyed it!

Eaton Family said...

What a fun idea. My kids have been begging me to go skating lately and I just don't have enough hands. Very cute ribbon heart too. Brooke is a cutie. You're lucky she hasn't learned "no" yet. Lindsay's latest thing is to say "why?" I totally wear my hoodie sweatshirts with the hoods on too...you know, you gotta cover the ears...Anyway, crazy comment. Sorry, I'm all over the place. Such a cute family!!