It is a rare occasion that Cory and I have a date night. During school we couldn't justify paying a babysitter, and recently Brooke has been too little. She's still little of course, but we made it work.
Cory was lucky enough to get tickets through work for Cats at the Beull Theater downtown. We love live performances, but we particularly favor comedy plays. All I knew was that Cats was a musical. I had no idea it was people dressed up like cats singing songs as if they actually were cats. At the beginning they walked/pounced down the aisles and one of them even hissed at me! It was pretty freaky, but it also made me laugh. The cats who sang "Memory" did a great job and I really liked a few of the other songs. The seats were awesome, the front row above orchestra level with the most leg room. Cory didn't seem to be that into the show, so I told him to pretend the dancers were competing on "So You Think You Can Dance." I don't know if it worked though. It was my first time in downtown Denver, which is only 20 minutes away. 

I would like to have a monthly date night beyond temple trips. I'll probably blog about every one for a while. I guess the goal is for them to become so frequent that they aren't even blog worthy.

5 comments:
We're starting a new date night program as well...it's definitely neccessary! Glad you guys had fun!
Only monthly? You set your sights so low. ;) How could Cory not like it with his TV lineup of Bachelor, So you think you can dance, and all the other women shows?
I saw Cats twice when I was young. Rum Tum Tugger is my favorite cat!
Brad and I went with Ann and Vaughn to see that a couple of years ago. As soon as it was over, the boys couldn't get out of there fast enough. Vaughn looked like he was about to die of boredom. We all love musicals but that is one I definitely wouldn't see again...but glad you had a fun date night!
Yeah for date night! Glad you guys had fun. Maybe next month you could do something manly, like a Nuggets game.
Post a Comment