Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Cheer

Not since the first Christmas we were married have we had a real Christmas tree...until this year. We decided this is a good year because Brady is old enough to know not to touch the ornaments. Hopefully next year we'll have another child, so we thought a tree every three years might be realistic. With that said, we jumped at the chance to go buy our tree at Home Depot this year, and we got it as soon as our Thanksgiving visitors were gone. Onward to Christmas with no time wasted.

Brady did a good job putting the star on the tree.

He has made quick friends with the new pillows on the couch.

We were invited to a cookie exchange party last night, so yesterday I made gingerbread men. Again, not chocolate chip cookies, but Cory has been happily eating gingerbread men (of course I had to save a few) all afternoon. By the way, he tried the bread I made and liked it. Who wouldn't?

4 comments:

Becca said...

Cute gingerbread men! I love the photo of Brady with his arms around the pillows. That's why I'm excited for a boy. I'm hoping he'll let me cuddle him.

Erica said...

Congrats on the first Christmas tree!! We just got our first "real sized" tree and what a blast!! Yours looks great, I like the red ribbon. And the pillows are a great touch :)

Tiffany said...

Those gingerbread men turned out way cute! Good job. I love the tree too!

Diane said...

Everything looks beautiful!