I'm reaping the benefits of raising this boy right. Brady is not even 2 yet and he's already giving me compliments all over the place.
A couple weeks ago I wore a shirt I hadn't worn in a while. (The weather here finally merits long sleeves.) Brady came and stood next to me, put his hand on my waist, looked up at me and said, "Nice shirt".
Brady came into my bathroom this morning as I was finishing putting on mascara. I smiled and greeted him and he replied, "Cute eyes." Seriously, what mother could be happier?
While I'm sharing funny Brady comments, here's another. Last night we were getting ready to go outside and I opened the coat closet to pick out a jacket for Brady. As I pulled one off the hanger he asked, "Jacket match?" I guess he's already fashion-conscious.
I have to throw in a funny Cory comment. I planned Wednesday night to make homemade bread yesterday, but I didn't tell Cory because I didn't know how it would turn out. I'd made rolls before but never actual loaves of bread. After I had a chance to sample it's deliciousness yesterday, Cory called during his lunch. I told him I made homemade bread, thinking he might be impressed. Nope. His response was, "Why didn't you make something like Chocolate Chip Cookies?" It's good I can laugh at these things. A lesser woman might have cried. Haha.
3 comments:
Well I will compliment you too. I love that family picture on the side. You seriously look so pretty in it. (You always look pretty, but I especially like that shot of you.) That is so sweet that he's such a little complimenter. And I love that he's worried about his jacket matching. Too funny.
I've also been meaning to send you a thank you card FOREVER now, but I kind of stink at things like that lately. So for now I just wanted to quickly over your blog say thank you thank you for that gift card. I absolutely LOVE Target and used it pretty much immediately on baby stuff. You are so sweet and so thoughtful.
Oh, and how can I not comment on the Cory chocolate chip comment. I'm definitely a lesser woman and would have cried...then beat him up. That's one thing I really love about you. You're always so happy and really truly don't take offense easily.
Jess, you must be doing something right (even though you would choose to slave over making homemade bread instead of cc cookies) cause I don't know many not yet 2-year-old boys who would even know what a compliment is let alone be capable of giving one. Can't wait to get my hands on that boy!!!
I love Cory's comments, I could totally hear it when I read it. And I'm so glad Brady realizes what an amazing mom he has!
Post a Comment