My brother-in-law Scot became the official funeral photographer. He did a great job and I'm happy to have these pictures. Below is the arrangement at the closed-casket wake or viewing. It was great to see so many friends and family, many I hadn't seen in years. Somehow I was able to keep my emotions in check as I recieved so many expressions of kindness and sympathy. 
The pallbearers were my brother Nick, Cory, and my three sisters' husbands.
Nick, me, Terra, Leesa and Becca
Cole is the oldest grandchild, the only one who had the slightest idea of what was happening. When Terra told him that "Grandpa went to live with Jesus," he optimistically replied, "Now Jesus can make him all better." That is the best part of all this. He is with Jesus now and he is all better.
6 comments:
I'm glad it went well and I hope you're doing okay. Take care.
While looking at your post, Spencer looked over my shoulder and wanted to know who was in the pictures. I said, "Jessica." He said, "Beal?" You look great despite the situation.
Hope you're doing ok. Mark your calendar at 4 & 6 weeks after the date of your dad's death. You might have some emotion swells that seem drastic at that point. :)
I really am so glad that it was a nice service and you had so much support. I'm sure it will still hit you at different times, especially around the holidays. I'm still thinking about you.
I'm happy everything went well. I'm sorry I couldn't make it. The funeral looked beautiful. It was smart of you guys to think to even take pictures. I wouldn't have thought of that. Yes, I agree, you do look great despite the situation.
I am so sorry to hear that your dad passed away. I hope you are doing ok. You are in our prayers!
Thanks Jessica for posting these pictures from the funeral. I was sorry I couldn't be there, and am so sorry about your dad. That is sweet what cole said about living with Jesus and getting all better. I love the picture of him next to the headstone. That one's priceless. Your mom had her hands full for the week. I'll bet she needed time to recoup after that. I know my mom would.
Again my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family after your dad's passing.
Post a Comment