My dad passed away Monday. Since he lived alone, we're not sure of the cause. We hope he died peacefully in his sleep as he was lying in bed when he was found. The funeral is Saturday morning so we're headed to Utah. Of course his death came as a shock to all of us, but considering his poor health, it wasn't a complete surprise.
Above are a couple pictures of my dad and me at our wedding six years ago. Below is the most recent picture of us. He went to a Dodgers game with Cory and me, but he insisted on wearing his Yankees shirt, a Yankees fan to the end. He will be missed.


11 comments:
Jess, I am so sorry! I can't even believe it. I hope all goes well with the funeral. Your family will be in my prayers.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Jessica. I hope all the arrangements go smoothly and that you guys have a safe trip to Utah.
I know that losing a parent is hard--especially when they've been sick and you know it will come. If you need to talk, call or email me. I have days where I terribly miss my mom who died in April '07. *Hugs!*
I'm so sorry to hear that. I too hope that he died peacefully in his sleep. Your family is in my prayers.
So sorry Jess. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Love you guys.
I haven't stopped thinking of you. I hope all goes well tomorrow. If anything, it will be a great honor to him to have all his children there paying their respects. You were a great daughter to him, always remember that.
Oh Jessica, I am so completely sorry. I hope you are all doing fair enough. I don't expect that you are, but know that we are thinking of you!!!!!!!
After attending the funeral yesterday, Austin asked if I had any memories of him. Most of them were when I was a little kid and were a bit fuzzy, but I do vividly remember a time when me must have been visiting Utah and made a trip with you guys to Lagoon or some other place like that. Your dad, me and a couple of you guys were waiting for everyone at the end of the day by the front gate. It seemed like we were waiting there forever. It was so hot and he went and bought us each our own lemonade icee. I was so excited because in our family, we always had to share stuff like that, but he bought me my very own. After hearing that that was a typical trait of his, I felt blessed to have that memory. You guys did a great job at the funeral and good job keeping your sense of humor in tact...he would have been proud!:)
Hey Jessica, I found your blog through Mills. So sorry to hear about your loss.
Jessica, our thoughts and prayers are with your family. So sorry to hear about your father>
hope you are feeling okay, jessica. i'm very sorry to hear of your loss. i enjoy seeing your blog and how everything is going. diane robinson
Post a Comment