We absolutely love our apartment! In Pasadena we each had our own bathroom, but Cory decided we'll share the master and keep the other one a nice guest bathroom. That means we need some guests to actually be able to call it that. Anyone interested? Notice how the shower curtain, towels and rug actually match.As I mentioned in a previous post, this is the first time since I left home ten years ago that I have had a washer and dryer in the house. They came with the apartment so they're nice and new. Cory thought it appropriate to capture me starting our first load of laundry.

We had a full-size guest bed in Brady's old room, which took up a lot of space. Cory and I decided to get a high, pillow top queen-size air mattress, which my mom said is pretty comfortable. Are you booking your flight yet? This room seems bigger, and there is a lot of space for him to play in there. He has actually been spending a bit of time alone in there playing with toys and reading books. I'm so excited about this.
I will admit to anyone that I was apprehensive about the size of our kitchen. There is no area to eat, so the layout just goes from the kitchen to a large open carpeted great room to combine the dining and living rooms. We got a plastic mat to put under the table for Brady (and for us), and we'll just keep the leaves out of the table when it's just us. So far it's worked, and amazingly I have found room in the kitchen cupboards for everything. This may sound crazy, but this is also the first range we've had that's digital. How cool that it tells you how long it will take to preheat!
Last but not least, the deal closer for us on this particular property was the location in the community. I took this picture from our doorstep. That's the fitness center, which has three eliptical machines, two treadmills, a bike, and quite a few strength training machines. Just on the other side is the junior Olympic size swimming pool and hot tub. Can you imagine how I might feel like I'm on vacation here? Well, if that doesn't convince you to visit, I don't know what will. We love our place and we're very excited to be here.




8 comments:
Way to go! You've been a busy bee! We moved in over 3 weeks ago, and no curtains are hung and no pictures are on the walls. I'm glad you guys found a place you like. Your ward sounds so fun! There aren't hardly any young couples in our new ward and the primary is tiny!
Congratulations! We will miss you here in Pasadena. But what a great feeling to be moving on to the next phase of life. Enjoy the beautiful washer and dryer. I'll think of you enviously every time I deposit me quarters. LOL
Super cute!! We're JEALOUS. Congrats and we may just have to come and visit you! All the best to you :)
Love,
the Davids
Alright! I've been checking to see when you've gotten settled. I'm so happy for you that you've found such a beautiful place to live. I definitely need to come for a visit!!! I didn't need any convincing.
Cool place! When can we come?
So glad you are in and settled! Sounds like fun! I may sell my house and move into a condo...what a saleswoman you are! There are some definite perks that homes don't have! Enjoy!
Congratulations! I'm impressed with your decorating already. John is paranoid about holes in the wall so I haven't put much up yet!
So I am still not happy that you moved away, but I am happy that you found such a great place. And I love your bathroom colors! Those are the colors that we had in our bathroom at first. Now it's all just random. But I can't wait to come and visit. No convincing needed!
Post a Comment