Brady and Brooke!
![]() |
| Brady with the Brantner Bangle |
Each quarter the elementary school honors a student from each class for their good behavior. Typically the students vote from about 5 who were nominated. Brady was nominated in 1st grade, but he didn't win. He won the Big Cat award in May this year. His 2nd grade teacher told me she did not allow the students to vote this time. It was her choice and he is her big cat. Talk about teacher's pet! At the assembly the teacher announces the winner and gives a little more detail about why the student was chosen for the award.
About Brady, she said, "My Big Cat is someone very special. He is a caretaker, a care-giver, a kind heart who always gives his snack, even though he only has one snack, if he sees someone who doesn't have one, he gives it away. If someone needs help with something he goes and does it. He never asks me. I never say 'Hey, I need you to do this,' he just does it. He is awesome!"
Hearing this made Cory and me so proud. Brady is such a sweetheart, and one of his best qualities is his compassion for others. I asked him about the snack thing and why he never told me. He thought I would be mad he was giving it away. Haha. I'm glad his teacher appreciated these qualities in him enough to recognize him with this award.
Brooke got the Big Cat award her very first quarter at Brantner! Rather than nominating a few students, her teacher told me she went around the room and the students whispered in her ear who they felt had the best behavior in the class. Brooke's good behavior won by popular vote. At our conference, her teacher told me that she is very well liked and that she tries to include kids who might be feeling left out. She is nice to everyone. Hearing that all the kids know and like Brooke made me feel really good because she used to be so shy. Preschool really helped her come out of her shell, so I'm happy to see her as a confident and friendly kindergartner.


No comments:
Post a Comment