I foolishly thought I could get a decent picture of him in front of the Christmas tree. This is the best I got.
Our boy is just above average for height, but only 20% for his weight. He eats plenty for breakfast and lunch, but dinner usually doesn't appeal to him. He still poops 3 to 5 times a day. So fun.
This is a frequent face at dinner time. You can only imagine the angry babbling coming from his mouth.
Colin loves the stairs. He's already climbing the outside of them, something my older two have never attempted.
Another example of my busy trouble maker:
He climbs up the couch and plays in the window sill.
This box kept him occupied for about a minute. Otherwise he's pulling things out of cupboards while he's in the kitchen.
One morning Colin found some crayons while I was downstairs working out. He chewed them up and drooled purple on the couch, ottoman and carpet. The next day I noticed small pieces of orange crayon in his diaper. Nice.
Colin adores Brooke. She can always get a smile out of him. She is really helpful to me as she reports on things he's getting into or carries him down two flights of stairs while I'm working out. We always have to be on alert these days.
Normally I get mad at Colin when he gets into the decorations, but this night I just went with it. Since then he thinks it's okay to play with the tinsel, and it's getting everywhere. Note to self: being a fun mom has it's consequences.
The teeth are coming in fast now. Forever he only had 4, but I just discovered another one on top today, so he's got 7. I heard there's a link between babies teething and puberty. If that's true, this kid won't hit puberty until college.
Colin loves balls. He's always throwing or kicking them, and he likes to shoot hoops. He's already throwing balls into our Little Tykes basketball hoop. I think some kids are just more athletically inclined, and we've got another future athlete on our hands.
I'm starting to wonder if Colin is going to be a lefty because he usually throws with his left hand. We'll see which hand he uses when he starts using silverware in the next few months.
I got this suit at a yard sale for $2.
We have to keep every door closed now. Colin is drawn to the bathroom, so if the door is left open even a crack, he'll be in there climbing onto the stool, unraveling toilet paper, pulling things out of the cupboards, or playing in the toilet water. We've started keeping our bedroom doors closed as well, so if he goes upstairs we don't have to worry about him getting into anything. I caught him just in time one day getting into the pantry. Let's just say he's a boy who goes after what he wants.
Colin loves books and turning the pages. He has ripped more than his fare share of books around here. He also likes to sing. I've realized we sing a lot around here. Brady sings along to CDs in the car and hums if he doesn't know the words. Brooke just sings whatever she is saying, or makes up her own words to familiar songs. Colin often joins in with his babble, which would be classified as singing if babies could sing.
And finally...a nap. I had to get a shot of this. This is our boy at his very cutest. He just wears us out! We are always anxious to put him to bed at night.
He and Brady share a room now, and he has adjusted pretty well. It's just Brady who has had to adjust actually, but it's worked out great. It took a couple weeks for them to be able to go to bed at the same time. Usually we would wait until Colin fell asleep, but now Colin is used to Brady and just falls asleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment