Brooke never really got the hang of holding up two fingers. She'd usually just tell people she was 6 after Brady said he's 5. She's all about the fingers now.

Her birthday was a success. We went to Toys R Us with money from Grandma where she picked out this Mini Mouse pillow pet.
On her actual birthday we headed over to Party City for a princess tiara and balloons.
I had arranged a play date at McDonald's for her special day. This was taken while we sang "Happy Birthday". She wore her shy face the whole song, not cracking a smile once.
While Brady was still at school we woke her up from her nap to give her her presents. Brady means well, but sometimes he can overshadow her and we really wanted her to have all our attention for a little while. First we had her open the bike helmet and try it on. As soon as it was on her head she walked to the shoe bench announcing that she wanted to go ride her bike (a big wheel-type) since she was wearing a helmet. Well good thinking. We opened the front door and this is what was waiting for her.
Brady learned to ride a bike at 4 1/2, never having used training wheels. His first bike was a balance bike when he was 3 1/2, so we give that a lot of credit. Unfortunately it was made of wood and didn't hold up. This one is metal, so we're hoping it will last more than one kid.
She rode around for a little while, and then it was time to pick up Brady from school. I walked while she rode, and when we got around to the front of the school and saw Brady, Brooke hollered to him, "Brady, I got a new bike!"
![]() |
| Brooke is excited to ride bikes with Brady. |
Now that she's 3, I told her she could have her fingernails painted. At church on Sunday she was telling people she got a haircut and her nails painted.
Never before have I been sad about a child's birthday. I think I've always pushed Brady to grow up. With him being older and having an attitude lately, it's really made me appreciate the sweet, obedient, happy and funny 2-year-old Brooke. Brady was a great 2-year-old as well, but I didn't realize how great it was. Brooke may also be our only girl and I just really hate seeing her get older.
I lost count the number of times she complimented me today. "I like your earrings," "I like your necklace," "I like your shirt," and mostly "You're so cute, Mom." I know that's going to wear off, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
While I was doing her hair yesterday, I asked her what she thinks Cory wants for Christmas. "Popcorn" was her response. Even though she's growing up, I think she'll always make me laugh.

1 comment:
She is really such a doll--Love her!
Post a Comment