Brooke's hair is very fine and breaks easily. She had so many split ends that it was time for a cut. I've trimmed it twice in her 3 years, but I wanted it shaped and decided to finally suck it up and pay a professional. My first attempt at SuperCuts was unsuccessful. I didn't realize she would be afraid and was not prepared with any bribes. The sticker they offered and the cookie I offered did not do the trick.
Over the next two weeks I periodically asked her if she was ready to get her hair cut. And finally she surprised me and said yes. I was so excited I showered her with hugs and kisses, which proceeded my version of the happy mom dance.
This time I took her to Cool Cuts 4 Kids where she picked out a movie (Yo Gabba Gabba...really? of all the movies?) and settled into her firetruck seat. All smiles.
before
happy face
happy brother
final product
I am not going to pretend I was happy with the cut. The next morning as I styled her hair I realized it was much longer on the left side. Hello! I paid $18.95 plus a tip (more than I pay for my own cuts, mind you) for a crap haircut. So I did what I had to do. I rolled my eyes, growled a bit, and took the scissors to her hair myself. She's so good at staying still that she makes it easy. I took the picture above after I was finished, and now I'm happy with her little blond bob. I think I'll just stick to cutting her hair myself, but at least she had a good experience letting someone else do it.
2 comments:
Ooh, I wish I'd known you were going there, I would have warned you away. That's the same place Riley got her first "real" haircut too, and they totally made her look like a boy. Needless to say, we've never been back.
The woman that cut my hair in Austin would prop Riley up on a booster and cut her hair for free after she was finished with mine. And the woman in FC charged a whole lot less to do Riley's than you paid.
It's worth asking your stylist how much she'd charge to trim Brooke's occasionally. Unless you don't mind doing yourself....it doesn't get cheaper than that!
I have been trying to get the guts to cut natalie's into a bob--I'm too scared. It looks adorable on her though!
Post a Comment