Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Drum Roll, Please

I'm happy to announce that baby #3 will join our family in September.  This being my fifth pregnancy, Cory and I were very cautious in telling anyone until we saw a second ultrasound.  Fortunately, this baby looks healthy and is growing right on schedule.  My due date is September 11, an easy date to remember (and you better remember!).
We told the kids a few days ago.  Brady wasn't surprised.  Since I miscarried in August we've been talking about having another baby at some point.  I guess he figured it's about time.  A couple weeks ago I was working out on the elliptical and Brady heard something on TV.  It was Dwight, from The Office, saying that women only want one thing when they are ovulating, to get pregnant.  (I honestly had no idea he was listening.  Oops.)  Anyway, he pointed at me accusingly and said, "You're already pregnant, Mom."  I was shocked to hear him say that and asked what made him think so.  "Because of your big, big, fat belly," he said.  Wow, this guy is more observant than I realized.  No, I didn't fess up right then and there.  It was not the time.  I just told him I've been eating way too many desserts (which is true, sadly) and that I'm not working out hard enough because he keeps interrupting me (which is not at all true, thankfully).  That put him in his place and he didn't say anything else about it.  But his lack of surprise or excitement when we told him the news was not unexpected.  He did say he wants a brother and Brooke agrees.  That appointment will be sometime mid- to late-April.
Have I been sick, you wonder.  I'm happy to say NO!  The only time I had morning sickness was my second pregnancy (first miscarriage).  Since then I've had no issues, both genders.  I consider myself very fortunate, plus it makes my first trimester much easier to hide.  I have been lacking energy, but fortunately it hasn't affected my workout routine yet.  I take a nap mid-day when I get the chance, usually three times a week, and by 9:00 I can't stop yawning.  Other than the concern about losing another pregnancy, this has been great so far.  As for that big, big, fat belly, there's no hiding it now.  My uterus has other plans.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I love seeing your darling family grow. Take care of yourself!!

KassiahMyers said...

Hey congrats! That is awesome! And thank goodness you don't get sick, that is awesome! So happy for you guys!

Jessica said...

Congrats! Hope it continues to go well. Looking forward to belly pics and finally baby pics!

emily said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! Congrats...you make such cute kids that I was hoping you were having more! I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriages...it must run in the family. I have had two, I think Staci has as well and grandma had several. I'm sure more people in our family that I don't know of could also join this club. Such is life, right? Well, I can't wait to hear about the gender and I hope your pregnancy continues to go well!

Diane said...

Yay!!

Jenna said...

I'm so happy about this! Taking a nap is essential, I really think it keeps the nausea at bay...it worked for me!

Laney said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. I'm so glad to hear that the pregnancy is going well! You're lucky to have one of each gender already - are you hoping for a boy or girl this time?

Liesel said...

Congrats! I'm so happy that you had a reassuring second ultrasound. I know you have struggled and since you aren't sick...ENJOY your pregnancy :-). Love it when kids tell you what they think huh?