Brooke marked her 10th month with a bang. She was eating dinner in her high chair one night and Brady was playing peek-a-boo underneath. You all know where this is going. From my spot at the sink I saw the high chair crash to the floor with my little baby stuck inside. She smacked her head right on the wood floor. She cried and Brady cried (he felt horrible!) and I checked her eyes. They looked fine and she calmed down pretty quickly. Once she was comforted, I noticed a little blood in her snot. That was the red flag for me. I called Cory at work who shared my fears that there could be internal bleeding. I gave her infant Tylenol and waited for him to come home. I took her to the Children's Hospital and repeated the details multiple times. Fortunately she hit her forehead, which is the strongest bone in the skull. After keeping us there a couple hours for observation, the doctor determined that she would be alright. You can hardly see the purple bruise on her forehead. Here she is back to her normal self with a toy to chew on.

One last time in the Bumbo before we lent it to some friends.

She is already learning from her dad and brother.
I'm thinking she likes my homemade pasta sauce.
Brooke is such a low-maintenance baby, but I knew she wasn't perfect. Let's just say that teething isn't fun. At all. She still has just two bottom teeth, which took 2 months to cut through. Now she's working on the top two and we've already hit the 2-month mark. Her gums are so swollen and I know she's just miserable. I'm praying for them to pop through soon so we can have a little break before all the others start getting sore.





3 comments:
Oh I just hate when kids get hurt and it's always such a question of how hurt they are! I'm glad she was ok. And I just don't understand teething, it takes SO long!
Gosh, does she take a bad picture? Even with her teething, she is seriously the cutest, happiest baby I have ever seen.
Oh my goodness Jess. She is so cute! Like the cutest version of Brady ever. Its so fun how alike they look! Love it.
Post a Comment