Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 Months Old

Babies at this age are so much fun! Brooke is rolling over, sucking on socks and toes (her own toes, not ours), and really anything she can get her hands on.

She is very earnest in her attempts to communicate. To see it, you'd think she was speaking our language and fully expects us to understand her.

She prefers to be upright, and now in the swing and bouncy seat she often lifts up her head. Her tooth went back down and we haven't seen it again, which is great. The day she turned five months she finally accepted a pacifier. She only likes this certain kind, and she has to be in the right mood, but it's progress. Last month she was sucking on her thumb a little, so we're still pushing her toward the pacifier. We're crossing our fingers she won't become a thumb sucker!

Brooke has really become a smiley little girl. Just look at her and she'll smile at you. We call the little animals above her swing her friends, and she gets so excited, kicking and flapping her arms, when she sees them.

8 comments:

Jenna said...

I could eat her, she's so adorable! 5 months is really such a fun age. I love when they talk to you like you should really understand them...too cute.

Rachel B. said...

Can I just say that you guys make some pretty darn cute kids?! Well, you do. I especially love that first picture and the one of her in the orange. Her headbands are all so darling. It kind of makes me sad that Claire's kind of getting out of the headband stage. Otherwise I'd need to come steal all of Brooke's.

Laney said...

She is the cutest child! Gotta love that face.

Aubrey said...

That smile is amazing, so cute!!

Rachelle

The Ortega Family said...

she is so cute!

Ash said...

Oh my word. She is so dang cute. I cant stand it!! I miss her and I dont even know her. Dont worry I miss you guys too! I wish Brady was here to teach Braden how to play catch. :)

Eilene said...

Brooke is so photogenic and CUTE! Everyone of those pictures made me thinkl, yeah that's the one I want on my wall. Too hard to choose. I still like the one dressed in orange.

Diane said...

She is just so stinkin cute. I didn't know that teeth can come out and go back in. Interesting. Gavin now has 4 teeth! I keep meaning to ask you (Cory) if I am supposed to be brushing them or anything right now. It was good to catch up with you the other day! :)