Saturday, February 16, 2013

5 Months

Until the end of January Colin was an unhappy little mess.  He was sick and just not satisfied, with life in general it seemed.  Then a miracle happened.  On January 31 he finally embraced the pacifier!  Our lives have all improved immensely and he is so much more content now.
The boy is rolling all over the place now.  The blanket is pretty futile as he is not on it for long.
 Look at this angel!  He was getting sleepy so I swaddled him (still loving the swaddle at this age) and stuck the plug in his mouth.  Next thing I knew he was asleep.  Brady was at school and Brooke was taking a nap, so I just left him there on the floor.  He slept for 2 1/2 hours just like this.
Poor little guy has exema, mostly on his head.  I'm having to clip his nails every few days because he's constantly scratching at his scalp.  This hat sure looks better than his dry, scabby head.
I know I posted a video of Colin in the door jumper already, but these two are better.  He's really got the hang of it now and he'll be in there for an hour.  I didn't mind letting him sleep until he woke up screaming once and we thought his hand might have fallen asleep.
 He frequently falls asleep in there, and then if he hears a noise he'll start jumping again.  His eyes are closed, but if he's in the jumper he must jump.  He's just going to town in this video and he couldn't be happier.
I was convinced he was teething a couple weeks ago but still nothing has come through, not that I'm disappointed.  He's already biting me while nursing when he's got gas.  He better cut that out before any teeth break through.
His first taste of oat cereal, not a hit.
 That was last night, 5 months to the day.  He'll learn to love this stuff, especially when we start mixing it with fruits and veggies.  
 We've been anticipating the solids stage, hoping that it will help him sleep through the night.  But then he woke up at 5:30 again this morning.  I know I'm just going to have to let him cry it out until he stops waking up in the morning.  Hopefully a few mornings of that will cure him.  Check back at the 6 months post to see what happened, and cross your fingers it works!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I seriously can't get over how much he looks like Brady! It makes me miss you all so much because this is the age Brady was when you were here!!