Cory has been sleeping in the spare bedroom, so he has no idea when Colin eats in the night. He brought a crying Colin to me one morning around 8am and I told him he doesn't need to eat until 9:00. The next morning, Cory was home again, and I didn't want him to wake me up. I came up with this ingenious idea.
The waking up once in the night phase only lasted a week. Typical newborn, playing tricks on his mom like that. At his 2-week check-up he weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz. (77%) and was 22 inches (93%). He has been a predictable baby, and we've discovered how much he loves to be swaddled.
He's better at taking a pacifier than the other kids were, and when it falls out, they jump at the chance to stick it back in there. (Putting a pillow against it works too.)
Like most babies, Colin loves the bath. Cory puts him in the baby bathtub while he showers. Cory relishes his hot showers and it pleases him to see that Colin shares his fondness. Yes, he's a cute baby, but we are really looking forward to smiles replacing these scowls.
I've only had to use this carrier twice, but so far it's done the job.
You can see why I sometimes call Colin Brady. Same face, same clothes, gender, etc. (Brady is the one on the right.)
4 comments:
You're right, they look very similar except Colin's face is a little rounder.
I love your ingenious idea to inform Cory when the next meal should be. So now he knows how long he has to let him cry before he he passes him off to you.
I couldn't believe how much he looked like Brady when I saw him today. He's adorable!
I absolutely love the note! It really is brilliant! Oh Jess, how you crack me up. Such a darling little face he has.
I miss Colin and the other kids so much already! I really got comfortable while I was there, you're lucky I went home! :)
Post a Comment