Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring is in the Air

Brady's preschool teacher really built up his excitement for St. Patrick's day and leprechaun hunting.  I'd always gotten away with a green breakfast and our traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner in years past. 
One of Brady's first questions that Saturday morning was "What is the leprechaun going to bring us today?" What??  I hadn't planned for this.
   Fortunately, while Brady was in school the day before (making the cute hat pictured above), I'd gone to Safeway and purchased a festive chocolate cake for the occasion.  So when Brady and I were at a garage sale on Saturday, Cory set the cake on the kitchen counter claiming it was there when he came down from upstairs.  Phew, we passed the test.
We've had some nice weather for the past couple weeks.  I'm talking low 70's almost every day.  I had to get this shot of these two in their spring church duds.
 And at Brady's request, I allowed him to take a picture of me.  I was 14 weeks there, but it's kind of hard to tell I'm pregnant from this shot. Pretty good for a novice.
I created three new decorations for this spring/Easter.
I got the idea for this wreath from this Etsy seller via Pinterest.   
I love subway art, so this was a great addition to my Easter decor, found at this blogger's site.  
Here's my Easter table.  I found the eggs on sticks at Michael's for 69 cents each and put them in a vase.  We've got a lot of plastic eggs around here, so I might as well decorate with them too.
 This last week was spring break.  For us it wasn't a big deal since Brady only has school three afternoons a week.  However, it gave us a chance on Tuesday to meet friends for a picnic lunch at the park.  I was in need of some girl time since I'd missed book club, we didn't have Relief Society for some reason, and girls' night was cancelled this month.  I'm just happy my kids enjoy being at the park as much as I do.  It makes me look forward to consistent park days this summer.
On Wednesday we met Becca and her kids at the Denver Zoo to celebrate Riley's 5th birthday.  It was fun to see Brooke involved this time as it had been two years since we've visited these animals.  She keeps talking about the monkeys, "seebus" (zebras), and giraffes she saw.  My favorite part of the day was our lunch at Cafe Rio afterward.  (Forget the animals, I just want to eat!)  I wish we had one closer than 30 minutes away.
I couldn't resist these lilies I saw on clearance at the grocery store.  They sure brighten up the kitchen.
  Last but not least, our pear trees have blossomed!  Normally the weather is too cold to even enjoy these beauties before the blossoms are gone.  I'm hoping to see the blossoms on our lilac bushes soon as well.  These two weeks of warmth have been wonderful! 
 The rain that's coming tomorrow and Tuesday will be nice as it has been so unseasonably dry.  We're not putting away our jackets yet.  I won't be surprised if we get a major snow storm sometime later this month.

5 comments:

Liesel said...

One year my kid made a leprechaun trap at school. We had to hide "gold coins" under it for the leprechaun and then when they woke up the leprechaun had stolen those coins and gotten out of the trap. They thought it was hilarious. I thought it was extra work for not much.

Reary Family said...

Your Easter decorations look cute. That leprechaun thing drives me nuts. Cole still leaves traps for them, its just one more thing.
Glad you guys had fun at the zoo. Can't wait to see those kiddos next week!

Jenna said...

Super fun, there's nothing like some amazing weather to boost spirits!

Diane said...

You look great! Your decorations are awesome, too!

Eilene said...

Cute pics of the kids. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks.