Almost every morning I enjoyed an uninterrupted workout in the resort's fantastic gym full of new Life Fitness equipment.
The next few days were more relaxing. After two pretty scheduled days, I was ready for unstructured activity. We headed to a beautiful mall, but unfortunately the shopping stunk. I guess that's how it is when you're pregnant and there are no maternity stores and very few shoe stores. So Cory humored me by taking me to Ross and getting me a maternity shirt.
Then we tried the Kehei Caffe, which is apparently loved by the locals. We loved it too.
After the same breakfast of half a Costco muffin and two clementines, I was more than ready for some eggs. My omelet and potatoes were way too much food, but they hit the spot.
Cory tried the Hawaiian burger with teriyaki sauce and pineapple. This place served a lot of food for the price, and that is a pretty rare find on Maui.
After lunch we came back to the room. I read my book and fell asleep while Cory
went to Makena beach, just south of Wailea where we were staying.
I was ready
to relax and let Cory enjoy more time in the sand and salt water. He returned late afternoon and we watched a
little TV. Cory ordered food from Pizza
Hut so we could eat dinner in our room while we watched BYU get beat by
Gonzaga. Cory was then wishing we’d made
other plans for the evening.
The last full day on Maui was very relaxing. After my morning routine, we headed to the pool at 9:30 and I stayed for a couple hours. Cory left for more than an hour to the local
beach for more snorkeling. Around 11:30
we came back to shower and headed to Kihei for lunch at Fred’s Mexican
Restaurant. 
It was very filling and hit
the spot as Cory was craving Mexican food, and another pina colada.
We came back to the room around 2:00 and relaxed for a while. During my workout Cory surprised me by scheduling a massage for 3:30 that afternoon. I didn't want to fall asleep during the massage, so I took a 30-minute nap before walking over to Mandara Spa, which was there at the resort.
The spa was the hoity toity kind you would imagine a resort spa to be. Since I’m pregnant, I got the Nurturing Mother to Be (NMTB) massage. Bheng was amazing! I don’t know how those massage therapists have such finger strength. I felt like I was 8 months pregnant with all the pillows and special treatment, but it was just a reminder/preview of what’s to come this summer.
I returned to the room totally relaxed and
refreshed to find Cory engrossed in a show on Discovery Channel about people
who pan for gold in the Barrier Reef. We
left the room at 6:00 for a little walk around the resort at sunset. There was so much we hadn't even seen while we
were there.
We came back at 7:00 for 3
blissful hours of television programming (The Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice, if you must know) and went to bed.
On our last morning there we treated ourselves to the hotel's breakfast buffet. We enjoyed omelets, Belgium waffles, blueberry pancakes with coconut syrup (so good!), breakfast sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, cream-filled pastries, and all other breakfast fantasies. We knew we wouldn't be eating for a while, so we stuffed ourselves!
Then
we finished packing and checked out around 11.
We stopped at Maui Clothing Outlet so I could get a sweatshirt. It rained all morning, so we left just in
time. Any activities would have probably
been cancelled. Cory turned in the
rental car and we had two hours to kill at the airport. We flew to LAX from 2:30 to 9:15 Pacific
Time. We weren’t scheduled to arrive for
another half hour. There was a flight
direct to Denver at 10:05, so we hurried over there and begged to get on. It would have been fine had we not checked
bags, but there was not enough time to get our bags onto the plane, so we had
to go with the original plan of flying to Dallas first, which added at least 7 hours to our travel time. From the time we left the hotel to when we arrived to our house it was a grand total of 19 1/2 hours. I took a 2 1/2-hour nap when we got home before we left to pick up the kids. It was a long enough break that we were happy to see them again. Thanks to Cory and the Wayes for making this dream vacation a reality!
3 comments:
So fun, Jess (other than your lovely flight at the end)! I love all your pictures...your names in the sand is especially cute! That so makes me want to go back (without a baby). Glad you guys had fun. How could you not?!
All that food sounds so heavenly and also the uninterrupted workouts!
You and Andrew are the only people I know that want to workout during a vacation! Seriously, crazy! I'm glad that you had such an amazing time. You definitely deserve it all! I was glad that I was pregnant when I went to Italy or I know I would have spent a lot more money shopping than I did! It's kind of nice not to want to buy anything! Did you live here when there was Fred's Mexican in Old Town? IT was only there for a little while, but I liked it and went a few times. What an amazing trip. You have made us all jealous!
Post a Comment