Thursday, July 1, 2010

Brady is 3 1/2

We celebrated Brady's half birthday today. Yes, we do that in our family. His present was the balance bike a month early, but he did get a special surprise today: lunch at Chick-fil-A. It is a rare treat for us to go out for lunch, so Brady was thrilled when we pulled into the parking lot. I went in to get him when it was time to leave and heard him talking to another kid about being a special agent. We were there for more than an hour (with 10 minutes or less spent eating), but it was his special day and he thanked me on the way home.
After his nap he requested chocolate cupcakes. He's always good to help lick the beaters. Do people with Kitchen Aids still get to lick the beaters, or does that just look too funny? (Because this looks perfectly normal.)
Topped with 7-Minute frosting and a few sprinkles, this cupcake was the perfect half-birthday treat.
Brady has become so much more independent and helpful in the last month. He is going to the bathroom without help much of the time, but he still occasionally wants one of us to take him.
He is getting better about taking off his Pull-Up in the morning without being reminded.
He is finally dressing himself!
Yesterday he saw a stack of his clean shirts I'd folded on my bed. He looked at them and told me, "I know what I can do." Then he carefully picked up the pile and put the shirts away in his drawer.
The other morning he woke up and went straight to the bathroom. Before he even came into my room he'd gotten underwear and clothes on.
This morning I told him it was time to go, so he brushed his teeth, got his flip-flops on, and was buckled up in his car seat long before I was out the door. I am LOVING this new independence! (I just read this out loud to him and he said, "Read that again!")

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That is great, what a big boy. I love the growing independence...it makes our lives as moms so much easier!