Friday, July 9, 2010

8 Months Old


A lot of people tell me how cute they think Brooke is and I modestly thank them. It's not like I had anything to do with it, but I certainly don't say, "I know, huh?" But I heartily agree that my baby is adorable!
In fact, I got a great compliment yesterday. A friend told me her husband wants one more kid and hopes it's a girl. Then she looked at Brooke and told me she's the reason why. I guess he was very taken by her when he sat behind us in church a few weeks ago.
I'm guessing she didn't pull this face at him much. Actually this is one of the faces Brooke pulls most often, her excited face. She twirls her feet, flaps her hands, and slobber slides out of her wide open mouth. This girl's mouth is open a lot. She's got her two bottom teeth, but more are on the way, so it's always open for something. That remote control right there is one of her mouth's favorite things.
I just had to get this shot, our little baby in our new big bed.
We're really missing our apartment pool now, but I got this inflatable version for the backyard. This was Brooke's first "swim" and she actually had fun just sitting and splashing.
I had to post this one because her expression reminds me of my niece Avery.
Brooke is usually more enthusiastic in the jumper, but this day I was on the phone with my sister and didn't notice she was getting sleepy until it was too late.
She started this fake laugh now, which kind of sounds like a cough. We decided she does it to get our attention. Then we look and she gives us a huge smile. (Here you can see her teeth.)
Brooke learned to clap this month.
She clicks her tongue a lot.
This girl likes her toys. Here Brady is "reading" a book to her.
This little farm, passed down from Brady, has been a great source of entertainment.
She is old enough now to enjoy rides on her daddy's shoulders.
A few other new things this month are that she scoots around with her right foot. Her left foot just sits in the air useless. When she does get up on her hands and knees, she rocks a few times and then thrusts herself forward onto her chest. I need to get a video of that.
We prefer to shower our babies rather than bathe them. Now Brooke is content to sit on the shower floor and try to catch the water until it's her turn.
Another thing we noticed is that Brooke likes to sing. Whenever we sing she starts making her own little music, with her mouth wide open of course.
Brooke can now eat a bigger variety of foods so I'm excited to try them. I've got a lot of fresh produce I can't wait to puree!
I've always loved our baby girl, but I really love this age. I wish I could keep her here for about six months. Since that's not an option, I'll just have to get off the computer and go enjoy her. You with young kids should do the same!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

She is the cutest and you always get such great pictures of her! 8 months is such a fun age.

Reary Family said...

She is so cute, good pictures! There were two pictures that reminded me of Avery, the one you mentioned and the picture of Brooke on Cory's back. Other than their coloring, they look so much alike. I can't wait to get some pictures of them together in a couple of weeks.

Rachel B. said...

You know how cute I think she is. She is an absolute doll! 8 months really is a good age. Well past the newborn stage, not quite to the "I wanna do it myself" toddler stage.

Staci said...

You do have SOMEthing to do with her beauty Jessica, you're her mamma aren't you? I think that both your kids are darling. I thought Brady was a doll, now he has competition!

Diane said...

She is absolutely adorable!

Lauren and Cal said...

I LOVE HER :) Cal wants a little girl after holding and playing with Brooke. Thanks for letting me hold her for hours on end. It was great to see you!